Thursday, February 11, 2010

Quick and easy bibs!

Hey all! It had been over 2 months since I have posted- I can't believe it! Well I am back and ready to get my craft on!
This semester I am taking three sewing classes: 1. Home Decor Sewing 2. Clothing Construction and 3. Child Clothing Construction. Luckily I got my new best friend for Christmas... ...and we have been hard at work on quite a few projects together!

Yesterday I learned how to make the easiest baby/toddler bibs on earth!

  • You start with a hand towel (I used a tea towel cut in half and finished the raw edge.)
  • Fold the top 1/3 down and cut a half circle on the fold, creating the hole for your little one's head.
  • Then take a three inch strip of ribbing in a coordinating color and measure it to go 3/4 around the hole you cut (I know, this would be so much easier to explain with pictures! I'll work on it!)
  • Fold the ribbing in half width wise (hamburger) and sew or surge the end so it makes a loop.
  • Fold your loop in half length wise (hot dog) so the surged edges are on the inside.
  • Pin your ribbing to the hole with the raw edges facing up and on the inside of the hole.
  • Carefully surge the circle and you're done!

No comments: